Course Dates - Courses run weekends, weekdays and weekday evenings throughout the year. Please contact us for availability.
Cost - £95
- DAN Manual
- DAN registration
Course Duration - ½ Day
This course represents training designed to educate the public to recognize possible, aquatic related injuries and to provide emergency oxygen first aid while activating the local emergency medical services (EMS) and / or arranging for evacuation to the nearest medical facility.
The objective of this course is to train and educate the public in the techniques of using oxygen, as first aid for a suspected submersion incident (near drowning).
Learning and Skills Performance Objectives
Participants must demonstrate mastery of the following objectives to successfully complete the course:
- Describe the role and function of the cardiac and respiratory systems in the human body.
- Identify and describe the major causes of aquatic accidents.
- Describe the mechanisms of drowning.
- Describe the benefits to the victim of using oxygen first aid.
- Demonstrate the set up and use of the emergency oxygen equipment used in this course.
- Demonstrate rescue breathing and one-rescuer CPR.
- Identify the indications for supplemental oxygen first aid use.
- Demonstrate the first aid response of a non-breathing swimmer with a pulse.
- Demonstrate the first aid response for a non-breathing swimmer with no pulse.
- Demonstrate the first aid response for a breathing swimmer.
- Demonstrate the first aid response for a swimmer who stops breathing during
- This course is not designed to train divers in the use of oxygen.
- Divers should participate in a DAN Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving course.
For further details or to book on any of our courses please call us on: 01580 891711 or email us at: dantraining@In2scuba.co.uk