Course Dates - Courses run weekends, weekdays and weekday evenings throughout the year. Please contact us for availability.
Cost - £95
- DAN Manual
- DAN registration
Course Duration - ½ Day
This course represents entry-level training designed to educate the general diving (and qualified non-diving) public to better recognise the warning signs of Sudden Cardiac Arrest and administer first aid using Basic Life Support techniques and an Automated External Defibrillator while activating the local emergency medical services, (EMS) and / or arranging for evacuation to the nearest appropriate medical facility.
This course is designed to train and educate the general diving (and qualified non-diving) public in the techniques of using an automated External Defibrillator (AED) for victims of a cardiac arrest. In addition, this course also reviews first aid (and CPR) procedures using Basic Life Support techniques. This program also provides an excellent opportunity for experienced divers and instructors to continue their education.
At the end of this programme participants will be able to:
- Recognise the warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
- Provide Basic Life Support while setting up the automated external defibrillator.
- Provide basic life support with an AED.
- Care for and maintain an AED.
- The nature and scope of this course is limited to training divers and interested non-divers such as boat captains, water enthusiasts and non-diving family members to provide emergency cardiac care with an Automated External Defibrillator.
- This course does not provide training for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or scuba diving rescue. The training exercises of this course presuppose that the ill or injured diver has already been brought to shore or is aboard the boat.
For further details or to book on any of our courses please call us on: 01580 891711 or email us at: dantraining@In2scuba.co.uk